Create a logo in 6 Steps
1. DECLARE YOUR TYPE. WORDS, NO WORDS, BOTH?
- Typography Only
- Typography & Graphic Element
3. DEFINE YOUR COLOR PALETTE. MAKE IT SIMPLE, YET COMPELLING.
Need inspiration? I have already compiled quite the board of inspiration on Pinterest. Check it out.
4. CREATE MAIN COLOR LOGO WITH 3 ALTERNATIVES. ALWAYS HAVE A HORIZONTAL, VERTICAL AND SQUARE OPTION.
- You also may want to develop a full color, 1-color and black and white option.
5. CREATE IN VARIOUS FILE TYPES. SIZE DOES MATTER!
- EPS: Think high resolution, print materials. Designers LOVE this file format.
- JPG: Use for photos for print or web.
- PNG: Recommended for web images. Can have a transparent background.
6. CREATE A BRANDING GUIDE. THINK A ONE PAGE, QUICK REFERENCE OF YOUR AWESOME NEW LOOK.
Feeling all “but what do I really want for my brand”?
If you’re still unsure about logos, contact me anytime at email@example.com. I geek out over logos daily and would love to chat!
And if you are still trying to strategize the plan for your brand, I’ve got just the chick for you - check out Unpaved Creative and Brand Image Coach Kate Johnson. She’s my exclusive partner for helping brands define their voice and vision, and I promise she won’t let you down!